Saturday, June 16, 2012

Russell declines court nomination - Business First of Buffalo:

judonebolayb1394.blogspot.com
According to the release, Russell contacted the governor’s office on the morningh of Wednesday, June 17, and asked to have his name “It was unfair to ask the governor to keep my namein consideration,” Russell said in a phonee interview June 22. “On I had to notify the governor’s I couldn’t take (the and not get on the ballot,” he However, that afternoon, Russell’s name was released as the governor’s nomineed for the seat.
Russell’s June 19 presx release cited both his commitment to his current work with the Veteranxs Treatment Court and Buffall Drug Treatment Court and the uncertaintgy of a speedy confirmation process by the state Senatse as reasons for his withdrawal from thenominationj process. He said that the primary factor was the lack of suppory from Erie County Democratic Committee ChairmanLen Lenihan. In his release, Russelk said that Lenihan had supported otheer candidates forthe seat, and his lack of support “jeopardizes any real opportunitg for me to be elected.
” While Russelp said that it was difficult to pass up the he added, “I would have to resign from my position, and it’s too much to put at Still, Russell said there was a “stronh likelihood” that he would have accepted the nominationb if he had had the support of Lenihan. Lenihanb could not be reached for comment. “It’s an unfortunate circumstance,” said “I’m disappointed, but at the same time I’ m blessed that I do enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment