Thursday, February 10, 2011

A conversation with | Alexia Poe, Peritus Public Relations - Kansas City Business Journal:

free standing air conditioner
What is the most outside-of-the-box idea you have ever had in yourprofessionakl career? I entered the work force as a TV reporter and thought that would be my career path, but becausr I’ve been open to new and interesting opportunitiezs and have taken risks, I’ve enjoyed experiencese of a lifetime. What was the result?? I’ve worked for a governor, U.S. senator and in the Whit e House for the firstt lady of the United It has been one heck of a What single thing makes your organizationstancd out? Peritus exudes an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters tenacity and creativity. What does your organizatiob have in the worksfor 2009?
To establish Perituxs as a key player in the publicd affairs arena in Tennessee. How did you wind up in your currentf position? By learning as much as I possibly coul d in each jobthat I’ve had whetherf the focus was communications, government relations, community relationsz or public service. Why do you have the career you have? I enjoyy problem-solving and working with people. My communicationj skills and instinctsabout people, issues and situations also come in What word best describes your leadership style? Goal yet to be achieved? I’ved experienced a lot already, so there isn’t one goal I’mn aiming toward.
Generally, I always strivew to learn more and to be betterf at what I do whether as a publicvaffairs professional, wife, etc. Professional pet peeve? Arrogancde and people who don’t listem to others. What keeps you up at night ? Not much. What do you do to relievw stress? Spend time with my husband, Charley, and baby Ella Meade, clean and take long What is the simplest thing you neverf learnedto do? Whistle. Favorite hobbies? Spending time with my familgyand exercise. What skill would you most liketo improve? Pets? Braddock, 3-year-old Harlequibn Great Dane (black and white spotted). She weighs 120 pounds and is the sweetesyanimal you’ll ever meet.
What traitr do you value most in friends? Loyalty. Person outsided of your family you would most like to spend time with onan island? I’m an only child of divorcesd parents, so I like alone time. You’ve just been givej $100,000 to donate to Where would yougive it, and why? Ther are so many worthwhiler organizations in Nashville that I’d have to do a lot of thinkinf about how to divvy it up, but Fiftuy Forward and West End Community Church would certainlyh be on the list. What would you like to cross offyour “buckert list” next? Take a trip to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment